Saturday, September 08, 2007

God Cries?

Today was a hard day. 2 students I care about buried their daddy today after the funeral service this afternoon.
I knew the funeral was coming; even asked the Artist over bfast at Frenchy's what it would be like to get that phone call. I just can't imagine getting that call as a teenager. I prayed earnestly this week that God would do a miracle and bring him back; when I heard the final news that he was taken off life-support, my heart just turned to soup and drained out of my chest.
I've heard the text on several occasions, so when the Lutheran preached the short verse, it wasn't the first time I heard the verse... it was just the first time I heard the verse in a neighboring church, watching two young girls I care about sob over the death of their daddy. What do you say? I don't know; all I know is that Jesus wept.
So if I'm sitting there weeping and snotting all over myself as daughter #1 reads a love letter to her deceased father, and Jesus also weeps at scenes like that, maybe there is hope for a clod like me?
God, please hold those girls so tight that they smell Your sweet breath. God, hold me so tight that when I pass over, it will only seem a bump in the ride. Please remove any wicked way in me, that I might kneel in Your presence. Please teach me to be holy. Please teach me who You are, because I forget that You can cry.

No comments: