Sunday, September 05, 2010

DeQuarvain's Update: post-surgery


Shortly after my last entry, finding some relief from an ultrasonic wand, my thumb/wrist returned to its previous painful status. Due to the timing of a week-long backpacking trip in the Colorado wilderness, I scheduled my surgery with Dr. Carl Palumbo to release the sheath that was grabbing my tendon (similar to carpal tunnel).
My surgery was August 4, 2010.
I had immediate relief from the chronic pain of this condition, and have begun to experience soreness now only a couple weeks after surgery, though mobility of the joint has been restored.
(see image of injured right hand, compare to previous image; both are mirror images).
I expect through gentle stretching and exercise the soreness, too, will abate.
Then again, I'm getting old...
But I'm not dead yet,...
... and have a life to live, thank you Jesus.

No comments: