Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy New Year to Me


It's a New Year. It's been weird but good.
We started this year with birds dropping out of the sky dead and dying, in 3 different states, plus in other nations... mainly icterids, and they said it happens all the time? Um no.
They say the only difference is that technology this year makes it more obvious when it happens, because we share this information with each other--I do believe we all had blogs and email last year, and the year before that... and before that.
So when one checks the online chat-stream, we don't hear: "oh yeah this happens all the time" from all these different citizens from around the world... we cry out, "What the hell is going on? Birds are dropping out of the sky dead and dying.. not sick under a tree or at a water hole... flying-and-now-dead... dropping out of the sky... they were healthy enough to fly as a flock and now they're scattered across our lawns like black crabgrass!"
That's what we are saying to each other.
Crazy.
It's a fresh new year, and I'm pumped about what God has for us!
KSBJ now has NGENradio; Verizon is getting the IPhone; electric cars are now a reality... pretty cool moment.
I am thankful for a clean start.
I am so thankful for what I'm learning about who I am in Christ.
I am so thankful for friends who show me how to love and trust.
I am so thankful for an amazing place to earn a living.
I am so hungry to experience the Power of the Holy Spirit, whether in humility (scary) or victory. Jesus, broaden my knowledge of who I am.
It's a New Year, but it's a good one.

No comments: