Sunday, August 19, 2012

Journey in a Day

I am here.
Here does not define me, but it does describe part of me.
I am not my path, but my path has shaped me.
I am not my future, for there is no such thing; only in the present does the future exist, and no man knows the hour of his reckoning. At best, we get retrospect to learn from.

I have been set free for Freedom, but that freedom is not license... it is an honorable opportunity to choose the things pleasing to my Abba.
I do not get to redo the past-- it is not my present, and therefore not my responsibility. My Lord tells me that he has washed it clean as snow anyway, so to reflect on my past in manners unworthy of my Present is perhaps my greatest sin.

Abba, please allow me the grace of seeing myself in Jesus.
Please allow me the grace to see others as Jesus would.
In this moment, this Moment, I submit what I know to One who gets me.
I love you, Lord.

2 comments:

milkman said...

I agree. Father, give me you strength to put both hands on the plow so that I grow weary of looking back, and keep my focus on you now.

milkman said...

I agree. Father, give me you strength to put both hands on the plow so that I grow weary of looking back, and keep my focus on you now.