Thursday, December 13, 2012

End of one chapter, beginning anew

With the close of 2012, I find myself reflecting an a rather spectacular year. Though the list is incomplete at this point, some of my highlights include:

Breakfast with Julius
  • Starting an E-Harmony profile last January to get up enough courage to officially "date"again
  • Getting a house full of roommates, including Julius
  • Going to my first NSTA Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana
  • Actually asking ladies out on a date in March
  • Meeting Susie last May for our first date
  • Becoming Department Chairperson of science department and constant interviewing of candidates for open positions
  • Joining a team of high school students to South Africa for two weeks of trekking 
  • Sending off Julius and new wife to start life in Waco
  • Saying goodbye to my Uncle Mike
  • Backpacking with students above Lake City, Colorado, and peaking Uncompahgre 
  • Getting to know my godly "person", Susie; I even purchased and have started using jogging shoes... sheesh.
  • Starting a very, very challenging school year with huge amounts of changes and challenges at work
  • Proposing to Susie on a chilled, moonlit, Nebraska November night after meeting most of her family over Thanksgiving
  • Turning 51 and still having some fight in me
  • Not seeing flocks of geese migrate overhead this year... makes me sad and concerned.

No comments: