Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Jac's Reminder: Breathe.

At our faculty devotions today, Jac'Drake shared some insights from her journey with Christ, especially from lessons learned while attending NYU:

1. Our capacity to create and appreciate Beauty is the Imago that the Abba has placed within humanity; the ability to destroy is evidence of our sin and rebellion.

2. Breathing is worship: it is the first thing we do in the world, and the last, and everything in between. It is what we do as we worship in song-- we all breathe in unison, sharing the same rhythms of in and out, a tidal experience in the Pneuma.

3. Our encounter with the Abba is about breath: the very NAME is about breath:Y=in, H=out, V=in, H=out.

I am thankful and blessed this day, thankful for this place called Houston Christian High School, the people with whom I serve, and my life.
Thank you, Father, for my new life.
I love You.
Jim

No comments: